TRAINEE FREE RANGE CONSULTANT
We are offering a free range poultry training programme which is unique in our industry and will give candidates an exciting opportunity to follow a structured programme over an 18-24 month period leading to an exciting and rewarding role as a Free Range Consultant with Bowler Eggs.
A Free Range Consultant role involves travelling throughout the UK visiting our egg producers advising, on bird management and legislation to maximise bird welfare and egg production (for which extensive training will be provided).
Experience will be gained in all areas of free range egg production from hatching and rearing through to the laying cycle and end of flock depletion.
What qualifications and experience are necessary?
We would expect candidates to be able to demonstrate good results at GCSE and preferably A Level standard. A degree could be an advantage, but certainly not essential. More important is a successful working career to-date with a proven commitment to employers and an ability to progress within an organisation along with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Candidates do not need to have any knowledge of chickens, farming or free range egg production – for this reason this role may be ideal for someone who is at a crossroads in their career who would like a new challenge and would welcome the opportunity to work for a forward thinking company where their views really matter and their input can make a difference.
It may also suit a graduate or candidate with farming experience who is looking to enter into a rewarding and challenging career in free range egg production.
Skills and personal attributes would include:
- The ability to listen carefully and follow instructions with accuracy
- Mature approach.
- Abundance of common sense.
- Willingness to travel extensively across the UK.
- The ability to operate efficiently alone but still contribute to a team.
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to customer service.
- Good IT/keyboard skills would be an advantage.
- The ability to establish efficient systems and work effectively without someone looking over your shoulder
- Someone who is willing to learn from a proven management guide and do things our way
- Plenty of energy and enthusiasm!
- Full, clean driving licence
An important thing to consider before applying for this role is that it will involve some long days, lone travelling, nights out and getting your
hands dirty occasionally. Weekend working is unusual but can be necessary in an emergency situation.
What can we offer you?
- Full, structured, on the job training with career progression
- Bonus scheme after six months
- Company car with a reasonable amount of personal mileage/fuel allowance (provided after initial training completed)
- Laptop and mobile phone
- New luxury head office with gym, free car parking etc
- 25 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme and pension
How do you apply?
Apply by email to email@example.com enclosing your CV, details of your current remuneration package, why you feel you may be suited to this role, and where you saw the advert.
Please ensure you put “FREE RANGE CONSULTANT” in the subject line of the email to make it clear which role you are applying for.
Closing Date 10th March 2017
No recruitment agencies please